CLAM Outdoors (http://clamoutdoors.com), an industry-leading growth corporation committed to serving the outdoor lifestyle oriented community, is seeking a full-time Manager of Product Procurement / Planning to work at our world headquarters in Rogers, MN.
Job Title: Manager of Product Procurement / Planning
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Rogers, MN (Twin Cities suburb)
CLAM Outdoors is seeking a Manager of Product Procurement / Planning who is bright, creative, passionate, inspiring, hard-working and self-motivated. This individual will be able to adapt to a highly dynamic environment requiring multiple hats be worn in a small business atmosphere. Once the development team finalizes product and sourcing decisions, he / she owns the overall procurement process from final negotiations of price and delivery to purchase order entry all the way through to receipt of and final inspection of all goods and associated materials at our warehouse in Rogers, MN. He / She will have final and full responsibility for placement of orders, ensuring timing of deliveries, compliance oversite and research, freight negotiations, customs and forwarding, etc.
- Develop and execute long and short range procurement and production planning policies, programs, and objectives that guide the development and operations team in maintaining and improving Clam’s competitive position and profitability in the marketplace
- Manage the supplier matrix, working with the development team to negotiate and establish competitive options that maximize profitability, dependability and best in class quality on all products produced.
- Streamline procurement by continuously assessing and improving processes and procedures, and compressing lead-times through data analysis, sourcing strategies, and cross-departmental strategy and alignment. Make recommendations for improvements, and where adopted assist in implementation.
- Proactively & regularly work with the sales team to review and react to forecasted product demand as compared to WIP.
- Embrace Clam’s best in class quality expectations and ensure these expectations are clearly understood and met throughout the procurement chain. Interface with the supplier as needed to resolve and negotiate through any quality issues.
- Oversee and lead all compliance research and review to ensure that both international and domestic procurement meet compliance requirements across category and region.
Resolve international production problems by proactively managing supplier relationships, collecting and analyzing information; altering deliveries, schedules and production as needed to meet our customers’ needs.
- Effectively manage import supply chain so as to eliminate surprises with regard to cost , delivery, compliance, or quality Effectively utilize Clam’s materials planning system (Visual) for order entry and all related materials planning components and schedules.
- Primary responsibility for internal system (Visual) item set-up and maintenance.
- Coordinate and oversee all inbound logistics, shipment scheduling, and freight forwarder selection, ensuring on-time receipt of goods at best and predictable costs.
- Proactively work to understand commodity costs, duty and tariff impacts, and logistics expenses and leadtimes to effectively recommend regional sourcing opportunities.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes and strategies as needed to improve processes, reduce costs & leadtimes, and improve productivity.
- Perform all duties within established company procedures, instructions, and applicable laws; maintain high degree of ethical standards in all matters.
- Act as an ambassador for company culture and values both within and outside the organization. Positive, encouraging, listening, honest, proactive, solution driven, hard-working, gossip free.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical or business discipline
- 5+ years experience in production / international purchasing or related
- Very good oral and written communication
- Strong quality and cost controls experience
- Strong skills with materials planning systems (Visual a plus) and Excel
- Experience communicating and negotiating with overseas factories
- Experience with customs, compliance related matters, and freight forwarders and management
- Experience with costing analysis and negotiation
- Wholesale industry experience preferred
- Strong decision making analysis and skills with attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
- Must have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive, encouraging attitude
- Light travel is required, approximately 8% of time and could include overseas factory visits possibly lasting 2 week’s time.
- Requires verbal and written communication during non-standard business hours to communicate with global suppliers/vendors
- Key contributor to development of the team and company through all stages of growth
Compensation and benefits for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. CLAM Outdoors offers benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401K) and a competitive holiday/vacation policy.
More About Clam Outdoors
Clam Outdoors began as a manufacturer of quality ice fishing equipment over 30 years ago. Our vision was to provide reliable, quality products that enhanced the outdoor experience. Innovation was the key to success, as consumers are constantly seeking new and reliable products. That vision combined with our passion for the outdoors, helped us grow to become an industry leader of ice fishing equipment.
We then applied that philosophy to other “non-ice” products, with the goal of growing Clam Outdoors to an all-seasons company. Using our hub technology from our pop-up fish houses, we developed a line of pop-up screen houses. With a 60-second set up that offers protection from bugs and rain, our QuickSet shelters are quickly gaining popularity as one of the easiest and fastest portable shelters in the marketplace.
We acquired Polar Trailer in 2006, and used our success with ice shelter tubs to produce the most durable and dependable utility trailers and carts on the market. Again, we created a quality product that enhances an outdoor experience. In this case, our Polar trailers and carts help make yard, farm and field work easier.
And we recently developed and launched a line of outdoor apparel that is unlike anything in the industry— Blackfish. UPF sun shirts that offer protection from the sun and cooling technology, premium weatherproof soft shell jackets, hoodies and pants that offer warmth and comfort, and a line of rain gear coming in the spring of 2019.
We started as a local small business, but have grown to an all seasons manufacturer of quality outdoor products with an international reach. And we’re still growing.
Clam Outdoors | 12135 Brockton Lane North | Rogers, MN 55369 | www.ClamOutdoors.com